Thursday, September 20, 2007

Something I Miss...



This promo for Cartoon Network's Acme Hour reminded me that even though I have a whole bunch of great classic shorts on DVD, I still miss seeing them on TV. I miss being able to turn on the TV and just watching an hour or so of random classic shorts without knowing what would show up. You just can't do that with DVD... well, not without a lot of hassle. I kind of wish somebody could invent a randomizer of some sort to shuffle cartoon shorts on DVD. Wouldn't it be neat to pop in a bunch of discs, press "play" and just let them go not knowing if you'd get a Bugs or a Road Runner or a Droopy or a Popeye coming up next?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too. Disney Channel used to also play old classics late at night and early in the morning. I miss those too.

Anonymous said...

"2 Hours of the Best cartoons on Televison" , "Good solid entertainment". How true those words were. Why on earth did Cartoon Network ever drop the show? :0(

Thad said...

You can get a 'carousel' DVD player , which will shuffle the titles on the various discs and play them in random order. I think they can hold up to 5 discs. They're expensive.

Anonymous said...

I think that you should be able to pop any disc, save a few cartoons like saving something on a computer and make your own "playlists" or just have a shuffle button on there ya know? That would be cool.

Anonymous said...

c'mon guys! why don't you post more interessting stuff than these? /:-( You always receive lots of mails from the users and never pubblish what they suggest?
I've got nothing against these videos...but I was waiting for more exciting articles!

Jon Cooke said...

Did you send us an e-mail Rollo? What would you consider a "more exciting" article?

Jon Cooke said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Michael J. Ruocco said...

The good old days. I miss when they used to show Tex Avery, Looney Tunes & the like, even though most of the cartoons were heavilly edited for P.C.-ness.

The only remnant of classic cartoons on Cartoon Network is Tom & Jerry. It's a shame Bugs, Daffy & the rest are fading away from the newest generation(s) of viewers. Shame, shame, shame!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...