Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Duck Dodgers Valentines

Here's a sure way to impress the ladies this Valentine's Day. Why not give them some Duck Dodgers Valentines?



These are actually a box of those little Valentine cards that kids give out in the classroom. I found this today at the dollar store. Probably leftover stock from three years ago or something (there was no date on the box). It's still interesting since there was very little tie-in merchandise made for the Duck Dodgers TV show.



As you can see, the cards come in "8 intergalactic designs". Some of which deserve some special attention since they make absolutely no sense.



Um... ok. "I promise I sent you one"? Aren't we looking at the Valentine that was sent to us? I don't get it.



Wouldn't this "joke" make more sense if they had a picture of a character actually kicking something instead of just standing there?

7 comments:

James E. Daniels said...

I saw these in Wal-Mart a couple of years ago, I wish that the action figures that were released made it to Canada.
I might be the only one, but I really like the redesign of Marvin's duds.

Anonymous said...

LOL: as rappresentant for all the "ladies" here visiting the blog, thank you for the anticipating Valentine themed-card!! ^^!!

Jon Cooke said...

Don't feel too bad... I didn't see the action figures carried in ANY stores here in the United States either. They must have been produced by Mattel in VERY low numbers.

Anonymous said...

Those are about as nonsensical as most of the valentines I had in elementary school...meaning nothing's changed in the past ten years or so.

A post on the Duck Dodgers figures would be nice, come to think of it - up until I read the comments two minutes ago, I didn't know that there WERE any, and the only ones that are turning up on Google look like vinyl statues based on the original.

Jon Cooke said...

Here is a site that has some pictures of the Duck Dodgers figures Mattel released in 2004. They are very rare. http://www.virtualtoychest.com/duckdodgers/duckdodgers.html

Thad said...

What? No "I Choo-Choo-Choose You" ?!

S.L said...

the DD's action figure lloks preetu nice! Is a pity that You can't reach to find them even in the United States...the package is the same that Mattel used for the Looney Tunes' BIA action figure, just the color varies.
Most of them I like the new Marvin's design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...