Monday, February 19, 2007

Basketball, anyone?

Images of the classic Looney Tunes characters playing basketball are not hard to find. Nike's early 90's ad campaign "Hare Jordan" pairing the characters with basketball legend Michael Jordan even inspired the movie "Space Jam". Then there are the countless t-shirts.

But one of the earliest uses of the idea I know of is from 1990. Tyson came out with a series of TV dinners called "Looney Tunes Meals". I wish I had saved a box or could find an image. But occasionally they had fun prizes inside, including trading cards (once again, wish I'd saved one!) and little things like this:





It was a create-a-scene sticker activity, and the artwork on the characters was actually pretty good. If anyone else has any more images of Tyson Looney Tunes meals or their prizes, let us know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I vaguely remember these. There was a different meal for each charater, right? Talk about a blast from your childhood.

Mike Matei said...

I wish I had those stickers. I have all kinds of ideas for what they could be saying.

Anonymous said...

I like how the basketball court is the wrong perspective for every sticker included here.

pikapal said...

I remember I found a partially used sheet of those stickers in the late 90s and I thought they were from Space Jam, but then I remembered they were from the dinners. They pre-dated the movie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...