Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Misce-Looney-Ous Commentaries: "Well Worn Daffy"

Here's my take on one of the worst of the Daffy Duck/Speedy Gonzales pair-ups of the 1960's. I like many of these entries personally, and try to be fair even to this one.
You may notice that I don't seem to be sure if this is #4 or #6 in the series...after checking my references it's #4, but if you count comic book appearances and a "Bugs Bunny show" episode, it's the characters' sixth meeting. If I can get a good video file of one, I'll try to post what I think is a GOOD Daffy/Speedy, so you can see the difference.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good commentaries, but your hitting too many hard Ps. In other words: your popping your Ps. LOL

Anonymous said...

Even though this is a blog for Looney Tunes, I think it'd be cool if you did some commentaries for non-WB shorts like MGM or Columbia. Shorts that would have no chance of getting an actual DVD commentary, let alone a DVD release. I'd like to hear one on Columbia's Fox & Grapes. But great job anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm with Brandon. I'd LOVE to see more of these.

Kasey said...

What excactly is your idea of a good Speedy/Daffy cartoon? The word "good" and Speedy/Daffy don't mix, IMO.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...