Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Looney Tunes Return to Cartoon Network 11/15/09



Yes, you read that correctly.

The classic Looney Tunes shorts are returning to Cartoon Network this Sunday. The return kicks off with a six-hour marathon from 1pm-7pm (ET, PT). Starting the following day, CN will run an hour of Looney Tunes each weekday from 11am-noon (ET, PT). A schedule of shorts isn't available yet, but I will update when it does. So, cancel all your plans for Sunday and enjoy the return of Bugs, Daffy, Porky and friends.

UPDATE: A partial schedule is now available, I have posted it on the Golden Age Cartoons forums. CLICK HERE

Below is a promo the network has been running for the Sunday marathon. It pokes a little fun at the characters' absence from the network in recent years.

2 comments:

Smilodonna said...

So, does it appear this will be long-term? Not just Bugs and the gang appearing for a few months and then - pfffttt! - gone yet again? Oh, this may make me start watching my TV again rather than using it as an immense paperweight! I can finally watch Looney Tunes before school again, never mind it is college and not middle school (which I believe is the last time I used to start my day with the Tunes)! Wonderful news.

kaykyserkenny said...

Could it actually be that Cartoon Network has-heaven forbid-moved back toward theatrical cartoons of the golden age? I dare not hope that they go back to 10-15 years ago, when they carried LT, Popeye, and many other 1930s-50s classics(anyone else remember "Late Night Black and White"?
As Smilodonna said it, I am skeptical about LT permanence on CN, but am positively delighted that they have returned.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...