Monday, December 28, 2009

1990 Sylvester Figure

While I was home in Fort Worth, Texas for Christmas week, I stopped by the Montgomery Street Antique Mall, one of my favorite places to go for old, oddball cartoon memorabilia. I ran across a collection of stuff manned by an older woman in a wheelchair who collected cartoon cat stuff, especially Sylvester. I told her I was interested in the Sylvester figure in the picture below. She was asking 20 dollars for it, and I told her that was a little more than I wanted to pay for it, but that I was a huge Sylvester fan and was already going to buy another of her items. She made a deal and gave me both items for 15 bucks.

This vinyl figure, which has a rotating head, poseable arms and a hat and vest, was made by the Applause company in 1990, and is obviously inspired by both the 1960's "Bugs Bunny Show" and the Dakin Company WB cartoon figures of the same era. As an added plus, he can either wear his hat, or hold it in a "tipping" pose, as I photographed him.

1 comment:

Julius Gryphon said...

This figure is one of a set that also included Bugs, Daffy, Taz, and Tweety. I'm pretty sure they also each came with a cane.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...