It is still enjoyable even if you don't get all the jokes, but I still thought I'd give a brief rundown of some of them:
- The Crocadero is spoofing the Trocadero, popular nightclub in Los Angeles at the time.
- Porky makes references in the beginning to being just as famous as Leopold Stokowski, Rudy Vallee, and Benny Goodman.
- "We Faw Down Go Boom" on the telegram was a reference to a popular novelty song. Tweety would be fond of using this line later on.
- Stalling makes use of the tune "The Woods Are Full of Cuckoos" as the old timer delivers the telegram.
- When Porky is dressed as "The Jazz King" he is parodying bandleader, Paul Whiteman (who was known as "The King of Jazz").
- "Guy Lumbago and His Boiled Kanadians" and "Cryman Lombago" are spoofing Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians.
- "Cab Howlaway and His Absorbent Cotton Club Orchestra" is, of course, a parody of Cab Calloway and his orchestra.
Now on with the cartoon!