Friday, February 27, 2009

Nick Nostalgia

There's something about watching these old Looney Tunes On Nickelodeon intros, bumpers and commercials that takes me back to being 12 years old again. A Dailymotion user named "sledgewrench" has created a 4 minute long compilation of material from back in the show's heyday. Some of the material has been presented here on the blog before, but it also includes some stuff I haven't seen show up online before (such as promos for "Spring Fling" and "Spotlight" marathons). You have to hand it to the promo people at Nick, they sure got us excited about watching this "gleeful, mindless violence".



There is one Nickelodeon commercial that still eludes us. Around the time Nickelodeon revamped their Looney Tunes show, adding a new intro and phasing out the black-and-white cartoons (this was circa 1992, I believe), they ran a promo saying how the show would feature more of the Looney Tunes you love, and "No Bosko, sorry Bosko." Does anybody know where we could find this one?

3 comments:

Matthew Hunter said...

Wow...one of these days I'll have to swipe this and add to it...I've found other Nick Looney Tunes stuff floating around online and saved it in the past (though most of it I've shared here.)

What I want to know, once and for all, is HOW THEY DID THAT THEME MUSIC. It's "Merrily We Roll Along", but it doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard. I'm guessing it's a-capella vocal effects sped up and digitally manipulated. Whatever the case, I thought it was one of the coolest things I've ever heard when I was 5 years old, and I still do.

Ricardo Cantoral said...

That Looney Tunes rap I haven't seen in years thanks a bunch JC !

Anonymous said...

Your video is long gone, but I have a huge surprise for anyone looking for those old Nickelodeon Looney Toons. I am currently using a WinTV USB TV tuner and a VCR to convert an entire 2-hour VHS tape full of 1992's Nickelodeon's SPRING FLING. I have no idea why, but one morning my dad decided to record an entire tape full of the Spring Fling Looney Toons. I watched the tape over and over again when I was 4 years old and my favorite part of it was a Nick short called "The Picnic" by Panama Studios. You can't find ANY information about it online. I've been Google-ing it for years now, just trying to see if anyone else out there remembers it. Evidently, no one does.

Anyway, that tape was so worn down that it eventually snapped and my crafty old man scotch-taped it back together. It worked for a while, but eventually the VCR kept getting stuck at the scotch tape and wouldn't play the rest of the tape at all.

It wasn't until 10th grade that I was finally tech-savy enough to hook 2 VCRs together to bootleg Blockbuster rentals. I just happened to have 1 VCR that was "powerful" enough to play over the scotch tape...and that's when I made the backup.

Aaaand it is now being backed up digitally. I am going to clean up the audio and format the video to AVI format. The video quality isn't the best, but it's definitely watchable and enjoyable. It simply looks like it was recorded on a VHS tape that's been abused since 1992.

Once all that is done, the DVD will be made.

If anyone wants a copy, email me at applevenom@gmail.com. I plan to upload the ISO as soon as I'm finished.

~Harry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...