Monday, April 7, 2008

Bugs Bunny in Storyland



Someone has posted the 1949 Capitol Record Bugs Bunny in Storyland on YouTube in two parts complete with the fantastic original storybook illustrations by Robert McKimson and Richard Thomas. It features the voices of Mel Blanc, Arthur Q. Bryan, and June Foray and appearances by Beaky Buzzard (as Simple Simon), Daffy Duck (as Duck Twacy) and even a rare non-comic book appearance by Porky's nephew, Cicero Pig. Story by Warren Foster and Tedd Pierce and music by Billy May.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's cool!! I've never heard such a thing like this!! I'm sure that also the kids of our-modern times will appreciate this!

Thad said...

That is awesome!!!

S.L said...

what an interesting featuring on the blog! I'm sure that lots of folk missed this kind of products...

Anonymous said...

I wish I had this book.

I actually kinda know about Cicero Pig because I had a giant coloring and activity book starring Porky and Petunia. Unfortunately I of course used it exactly like a little kid is suppose to-tearing out pages,coloring it in. I loved that thing.

Anyhow-this is great.I actually had record books as a child.(A child of the 90's mind you) Unfortunately I never had any Looney Tunes ones. This is fantastic and enjoyable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...