Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mystery Wabbit



Okay, here's a weird one...

Over on his blog, J.E. Daniels has posted a recent storybook called Peter Cottontail in Hot Water which was released in 2000 as part of a series of Looney Tunes children's books. It feels like an introduction to new characters from a possible proposed television series. The main character, "Peter Cottontail", almost feels like a modern update of the bunny character who starred in such 1930s Merrie Melodies as "The Country Boy" and "My Green Fedora" (who was also called "Peter", but I admit that's kind of a stretch). I am curious if anyone has more information about this concept, since this was the first I had ever seen of it. Click here to check it out.

2 comments:

S.L said...

As I've just wrote on J.E Daniels' blog, a friend of mine owned that book as she was younger! the first time I saw it I imagined that it was a brand-new cartoon series, like Tiny Toons; the drawings were the same, but the cover was different!

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who noticed that Fausto looks like Wile E. Coyote?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...