Friday, April 11, 2008

Daffy and Speedy Present Heckle and Jeckle... in German!



That, of course, is the impossible-to-get-out-of-your-head theme song to Germany's Speedy Gonzales show (Die Schnellste Maus Von Mexiko). A YouTube user by the name "puttra" has uploaded many German-dubbed cartoons as they appeared on this show, complete with show bumpers. In addition to the many Daffy/Speedy and Rudy Larriva Road Runner cartoons, the German Speedy show apparently also included Heckle & Jeckle cartoons (how did that happen??). Below is a German-dubbed Terrytoon with an intro by German-dubbed Speedy and Daffy introducing the talking magpies.

No, I have no idea what they are saying... is there a translator in the house?

5 comments:

S.L said...

I study german at univerisity...actually I'm not sure about my translation, but here what I understood from the intro in the video below:

Daffy: Good awakening! Did you sleep well?

Speedy Gonzales: I was tired, so I took a time for relax! Is there anything new?

Daffy: you silly mouse: the construction site is coming out very good; Heckle and Jackle are there! shall we go there?

- (here Speedy Gonzales says an exclamation about the "Baustelle", which is the "construction site"...it must be a sort of spanish expression translated into german, and it could sounds like "come on, you and your construction site, that's a silly thing!")

Daffy: Well...as you will! stay at home! It's a pity that you won't come! See you later!

Let me know if I'm right (wenn es hier jemand gibt, der Deutsch spricht!) and if I'll win a prize for this translation :D!

Martin Juneau said...

I don't study German but you can use this translator from German to English here. http://www.toggle.com/lv/start/translator.htm

Anonymous said...

From a native German speaker:

Daffy: Hey, night watchman, it looks like you need to catch up some sleep.

Speedy: Me? No, I'm always sleeping at this time, I'm holding siesta.

Daffy: But over at the construction site, there's all the action. Heckle and Jeckle are there, too. Will you join us?

Speedy: I am tired with contruction sites.

Daffy: Okay, as you please. No need to stay with us. Just call me when you want me. Good-bye.

harley green: no prize yet, but my English won't win anything either - I just hope that my translation ain't too confusing; on the other hand, those bumpers, at least their German versions, are suited to confuse any toddler watching.

S.L said...

Hallo wundermild! there's no matter: thank you for correct my mistakes...and don't worry for the english: that's ok too! ;)
I tired to follow some of this bumpers on youtube, must I must tell you it's not always easy to understand some parts...they should be subtitled in german!

Anonymous said...

:P Poor Harley...but don't worry, you made an attempt, but next time you'll win a Prize... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...