Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ho-hum, I'm tired!

Before Nick at Nite became "All Fresh Prince, All the Time", they actually had a really great line-up of classic TV shows including, for a brief period, Looney Tunes. Looney Tunes On Nick at Nite aired for a couple years in the early 1990s, usually as part of the late night "Nick at Nite Overnite" block. The show began with a sleepy cartoonist (footage from "A Cartoonist's Nightmare") dozing off, followed by a montage of Looney Tunes characters at nighttime. The Nick at Nite LT airings didn't last very long, but Looney Tunes had a very impressive run on the normal Nickelodeon schedule (lasting 11 years!). Here's the Looney Tunes On Nick at Nite opening, preceded by an old school Nick at Nite station ID:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, "All Fresh Prince, All the Time"? It's 50 percent "Fresh Prince", 50 percent "Rosanne". ;)

Anyway, thanks for posting from a time when Nick was a little more adventurous.

Bill the Splut said...

I immediately knew which opening you meant, despite not having seen it in 15 years or so! Every weeknight at 730 EST, as I remember. They only had the cartoons that no one else wanted--those awful 60s ones like "Merlin the Magic Mouse" and "Bunny and Claude." But also the other ones no one wanted--the crazy B&W 1930s ones. When CN finally canceled "Black & White At Night," I knew that it was time for me to cancel cable.

Master George said...

OMG! It took me an hour to find that intro, and it was running through my head before I went to sleep! I adored that intro from Nick @ Nite's Lonney Tunes! Kudos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...