Friday, March 2, 2007

Looney Tunes Classic Collector Dolls



Here is a really nice set of Looney Tunes "Classic Collector Dolls" that were available exclusively at the now defunct chain of Warner Bros. Studio Stores. The tallest is Bugs who is about 11" and, believe it or not, the smallest is Gossamer who is 6". They are all soft hollow plastic with moveable heads and arms. I believe that the full set is seen above: Bugs, Daffy, Tweety, Sylvester, Tasmanian Devil, Marvin the Martian, Porky Pig and Gossamer. The tags are dated 1994 and they originally sold for $5-$6 each.

They seem to have been inspired by a line of similar dolls made by Dakin in the 1960s and 1970s. Here is a picture of a few of the vintage Dakin dolls (that is Merlin the Magic Mouse's sidekick, Second Banana, at the end).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon,
I'm not sure how many characters were done, but that's definitely not all of them. I actually have (in addition to Gossamer) figures of Rocky and Mugsy and Junyer Bear from the same line. I'd be glad to take photos of them for you.

Jon Cooke said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for letting me know. Matthew had told me the other night of Rocky & Mugsy figures in this line, but I never got a chance to update the post. I had no idea they did a Junyer, too. If you could take pictures, I'd really like to see them. You can send them to looneyblog -at- yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...