Monday, February 16, 2009

Bugs and Tweety Give-a-Show Adventures

The Kenner Give-a-Show Projector seems to have quite a cult following on the Internet. In those days before VCRs, DVDs, and YouTube, projecting film strips of your favorite cartoon stars on the wall was a huge deal. The toy apparently had quite a history (as you can see on the Give-a-Show Blog). From 1971, here are two reels based on "Tweetie Pie" and "Buccaneer Bunny" from Kenner's "Talking Show Projector". Enjoy the amusingly off-model drawings and the voices of Mel Blanc. One neat thing about discovering the "misce-looney-ous" odds & ends of WB history is listening to "lost" Blanc performances like these.





For more, go check out the The Give-a-Show Blog!

2 comments:

Jon K said...

Thanks for the linkage and mention! I was wondering if you'd notice these when I posted them on YouTube.

There aren't any other "Talking" Give-A-Show features of the Looney Tunes, but there were a few more Bugs Bunny ones, at least!

D.T.C. Studios said...

The Looney Tunes are my favorite Characters and I used to dream about the Bugs Bunny show starring the Cartoon Network shenanigans.

Check out my blog for the Crazy Toons I created myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...