Saturday, July 7, 2007

Well, if this is becoming the "Commercials and tie-ins featuring the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote Blog", why stop there?
I've been experimenting with a program called Windows Movie Maker. Most of the time I would like to kick Bill Gates in the you-know-where, but hey, this is a cool program. I won't disclose my secret of how to download videos from YouTube, but I can do it, and using MovieMaker I can actually record narration to a video. You know those commentaries on recent cartoon DVD releases? Well, I wondered what I could do with one. Here's me giving my observations on 2 later Road Runner shorts that have never been released to video or DVD. I hope they get released someday, because they're brilliant. Yeah, I know I laugh through them. I can't help it. If y'all readers like these, I'll do some more cartoons. That is if I can figure out how to get rid of the annoying sound every time I say a "P" word into the microphone.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very enjoyable and informative!!

-Zoom at the top actually was released on video however...It was featured on the 15th Columbia House Video Tape "Battle of Wits"

Anonymous said...

To get rid of the P sound (known as popping in audio circles) you could try stretching some thin cloth between yo and the mike, or investing in a spit guard.

Anonymous said...

I agree, very enjoyable commentaries, Matthew. I am surprised nobody has attempted something like this before. Hope to see some more in the future... better than some of the commentaries on the golden DVDs, imo!!

Michael J. Ruocco said...

I love commentaries. I've been wanting to do commentaries for some of the Disney films & shorts, but I don't know how. Maybe someone can give me a few pointers on how to.

You do a very good job in these videos. As for the "P" sound, you could either back a little farther away from the mic (is it one of those built-in mics or a seperate mic that you connect into a USB?), put the mic on the side of your mouth instead of in front, or do what Drew said & cover it with a sheet or a guard of some kind.

Also, it's perfectly alright to laugh. It lets the viewer/listener know that the commentator has a good sense of humor & enjoys the film.

Coyote said...

Good work, Matthew! Hope to see and hear more.
There is nothing wrong with laughing at these films. That is what they are here for. I think I would much rather hear from someone is who is clearly enjoying the cartoon, rather than someone drone on about who animated the coyote's right arm in scene 2B.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! I agree that THESE are the kind of commentaries that would be berfect for Golden Age Cartoons. Keep 'em coming, Matt! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...